Search This Blog

Pages

Thursday, August 5, 2010

Delicious Bangus

Lately I have discovered two delicious bangus (milkfish) dishes that I have fallen in love with, both are boneless and cooked so much differently from one another, even my daughter loves them both.


my dad introduced me to the deliciously char grilled bangus of Pixie’s sinugba. (I will upload my own pictures the next time I buy one) the cost more or less PHP 190 Pesos for one whole grilled bangus that is perfectly deboned and grilled with tomatoes and onions.


Photo Taken From: ClickTheCity


When you order the Inihaw na Bangus make sure to order the one without the “kaliskis” or Scales so that you will able to eat the dish without problems. And make sure to order the freshly grilled one, if you have to wait, wait, because the freshly cooked ones are the most delicious ones, besides if you order one that has been sitting in the store for a bit, it might not taste as good as it should. Enjoy this whole Bangus with a soysauce with calamansi (small citrus fruit) or patis (fish sauce) with calamsi, and you sure will eat a ton.


The next Bangus dish that I have recently started falling in love with is the Century Bangus Tocino which was introduced to me by my cousin who posted pictures of her daughter enjoying a hefty meal with rice and tomatoes with the fish tocino.



Photo taken from: STYLEBIBLE.PH


I have been so intrigued at how this fish will taste like after it has been made into a tocino. We are all very familiar with Pampanga’s Best’s Pork and Chicken Tocino that we have grown to love over the years, but a fish that is made into a tocino is a new concept. So I tried it and lo and behold loved it.



My daughter also loved the fish most especially with a bowl of sliced tomatoes to go with it, and it wasn’t fishy tasting at all, it tasted like any regular tocino and it was really good. It was not too sweet and it was well balanced in flavor in every way and tastes like what tocino should taste like. Although not all groceries around the metro has this in their freezer, you will have to go to bigger groceries like SM Hypermarket or Pioneer Center or other bigger groceries, because I tried puregold and they don’t carry the product - at around PHP 110 Pesos for 1 pack of 1 Kg Bangus Tocino it is definitely worth the effort.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails