Search This Blog

Pages

Sunday, August 8, 2010

So Soya

I am a Soya Milk addict, just like eating taho drinking soya milk is one of my most favorite activities. When I was visiting Noel in Singapore I had my OVERDOSE of Soya Milk because they just had abundant supply of Soya Milk in their groceries, you can choose different brands with different range of flavors, there are non fat soya milk and 100% soya milk they even had chocolate flavored ones, and I so envy my husband for having Soya Milk at 1 liter cartons at his disposal.

When I came back home from Singapore, I missed my daily Soya Milk supply, because Filipinos seem to not favor the Soya Milk products as much as Singaporeans do. We can barely find any store that sells Soya Milk even at 250 ml containers. I often find some in mini stop and thats about it. But today must be my lucky day. I went to Pure Gold Jr. to buy some supplies for my daughter - her favorite Lemon Square Cheese Cup Cakes, her favorite Chocolate cupcake, some chewy candies and the strawberry flavored Potchi. I also bought her Nido 3+ milk and some food for the house - bread, hot dogs, vinegar and soy sauce. And as I was browsing through every isle of pure gold jr. and was contemplating on buying nike cartons of Bear Brand Strawberry Milk drink and Chocolait I saw it, they finally have a plain unflavored 1 Liter carton of Soya Milk and I almost jumped from delight. I immediately grabbed 3 cartons, which I hope would last atleast a week, but knowing my love for Soya Milk, it would probably only last a maximum of 3 days.


I chilled 1 carton of Soya Milk as soon as arrived home and watched some of my newly discovered TV Series. And after a few hours remembered I had it and was excited to try. I poured myself a glass of the Soya Milk and was ready for my first gulp.


Heaven! I just love the natural flavor of the soya milk, just like taho only its not chunky, it has a smooth texture that fits well with its light flavor. It definitely met my expectations. I am so happy to finally have a Soya Milk in the market and would definitely be buying more of this delicious and healthy goodness in a box.

Now that I have shared this wonderful new discovery (atleast in the Philippine Market) let me share a few important words that I got from Wikipedia regarding Soya Milk.

Soy milk has about the same amount of protein (though not the same amino acid profile) as cow’s milk. Natural soy milk contains little digestible calcium as it is bound to the bean’s pulp, which is insoluble in humans. To counter this, many manufacturers enrich their products with calcium carbonate available to human digestion. Unlike cow’s milk, it has little saturated fat and no cholesterol. Soy products contain sucrose as the basic disaccharide, which breaks down into glucose and fructose. Since soy doesn’t contain galactose, a product of lactose breakdown, soy-based infant formulas can safely replace breast milk in children with galactosemia.

Soy milk is promoted as a healthy alternative to cow’s milk for reasons including:

  • Source of lecithin and vitamin E

  • Lacks casein

  • It is safe for people with lactose intolerance or milk allergy

  • Contains far less saturated fat than cow’s milk.

  • Contains isoflavones, organic chemicals that may possibly be beneficial to health.

Read more about Soya Milk in HERE.

And if you are excited about Soya Milk as much as I am, right now I can only recommend going to Pure Gold Jr. to look for the product, I am not sure if they have it in SM Groceries or others but its definitely worth taking a look. Also this brand Soyfresh offers them in a whole range of flavors that you may want to try.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails