Search This Blog

Pages

Monday, May 24, 2010

I don't watch SHOWTIME (abs-cbn show)

I don’t really watch television nowadays except for the constant cartoon shows of my daughter. I usually watch American TV series on my laptop or Movies.


Just a few days (a week or so) ago, I heard about Willie Revillame’s challenge to the management of ABS - CBN, about taking Jobert Sucaldito out otherwise HE (Willie) will be quitting the famous WoWoWee Show (which I don’t watch either). I usually catch his show during lunch time when my Family (in Pasig) eats lunch, they are avid watchers, and I don’t really like Willie (I think he is arrogant and obnoxious), so I don’t watch it.


And today I was going through my usual scan of the facebook updates and noticed my friend posted a hate status message for Vice Ganda (a local gay comedian and a regular judge at the Showtime noon time show). So I got intrigued.


Here was the original status message of my friend


says ang OA ng reaction ni VICE towards TADO’s point of view or belief.. Kanya-kanyang pananaw ba.. :)


So I searched google for what happened and read a few blogs about it.


here’s what I said to my friend:


mahilig din naman mag-asar si vice diba.. sana di sha pikon.. hehe.. may mga taong homo phobe, di naman maaalis un eh.. vice should accept the fact na may ganun, and hindi lang si tado ang nagjojoke about gays, even gays joke about gays.. if vice is comfortable with his sexuality, he shouldnt have taken offense kasi mga biro and ung “mukha kang bakla” is a typical phrase na people say… hehe”


And forgot about this whole Tado vs. Vice Ganda Issue.


Tonight I got bored and saw an update on my FB that my friend answered my post on her original status update:


“ 


i got irritated when Vice reacted that way.. it’s as if naman na hindi joke yung sinabi ni Tado.. kung sya nga makapanglait ng kapwa sobra din eh.. si Tado naman tlagang known sya na hater ng mga gays..”


and this one really peaked my interest


i haven’t noticed that one yet.. pero malamang oo.. tumataas na level ng kasikatan nya.. well with those posts on his wall, sana naman matuto sya sa nangyari ke Willie.. almost all says na parang si willie na din sya.. mayabang na daw kesyo kung anu-anu.. and mean words tlaga.. pero kasi sya din may fault eh.. why can’t he accept the fact na hindi lahat ng tao sa mundo kayang tanggapin ang existence ng mga gays..”


The mention of Vice Ganda’s fan page being overtaken by those who felt that Vice Ganda has been rude and obnoxious, So I went to that page and saw a link to a youtube video with the whole incident.


Watch:


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=84eab7bKrHI


I personally think that Vice Ganda took the innocent comment of Tado about the group who just performed. Tado mentioned that their movements seemed like that of a gay person. — A lot of people use this expression “Para kang Bading or Mukha kang Bading” (you seem gay / you look gay) this is not an expression of hate towards gay, but is a common expression and joke, my girlfriends tell that to each other everytime when we try to joke to each other that one of us looks like a Man. And if the performance of the group seemed soft and not hardhitting, I believe what Tado said is not a statement of hate toward the gays but just a mere expression saying that he thinks they were soft.


My second opinion is that Vice Ganda is out of line, because it was Tado’s turn to speak, and not just that, Vice Ganda should have dropped the issue (that HE personally started) when Tado just wanted to go back to commenting on the performance. Vice Ganda should have stopped the PERSONAL COMMENTS about Tado, because Tado never said anything personal to HIM (Vice Ganda). 


I salute Tado for staying cool headed in this situation, although I believe deep inside he is seething with anger due to the personal strike against him. And I want to say to Vice Ganda, that you of all people should understand the nature of jokes and understand the jokes themselves, you are a comedian. Even you give comments that are often below the belt, and people take them because they know they are jokes. You take what you give, and when people take your comments, they take it and laugh, you should do the same. And commenting on Tado’s looks is just way out of line, it is personal and hateful and just not the type of attitude I personally want my TV to have.


These are my personal opinions of the short clip that I was able to watch. Again, I am not a fan of the show, so I have not been able to watch the whole show and am basing my comments on the clip that I was able to see. But regardless if there were faults on both side, I think based on the 10 minutes of this clip, Vice Ganda did not handle Himself well and should apologize not only to Tado but to the people watching the show.


ADD:


I looked for some more clips and found this:


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MGxg2gip_8M


At around 4 minutes 30 seconds of the clip, Vice Ganda commented about Tado losing his electoral battle in Marikina:


Vice: oo hindi ka nanalo…ngayon alam namin kung bakit…ang dami ko kaibigan bakla kumandidato nanalo.


If this was said in a way that is not offending (ngayon alam namin kung bakit) and with no relation to the gay issue (that you so emotionally MADE UP), it would have been ok to comment about someone losing the elections. You should have been sympathetic to his loss and not put it out there the way that you did, because it not just made you look like a fool, you looked like an obnoxious fool. You think you are funny? I personally do not think so.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails