Search This Blog

Pages

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Writing with Pleasure

I have just finished another 4 projects for the travel company I am working with and I must say it really feels fulfilling to be able to do what I do best as work.

Ever since I learned how to use the computer (when I was 7 years old) I have been very adept in researching and gathering online information that none of my other relatives / friends knew where to find, and I loved doing it. It gives me a sense of pleasure being able to find what I need and being able to help people find what they are looking for, I’ve done it for years… 19 years to be precise and I have never grown tired of it. Even my husband would occasionally say, “Can you go look for this thing for me on the web, you are way better at it than I am…” and I must say I really am better at it than he is LOL.

I was also very interested in writing, I used to love the idea of having my own diary, but everytime I buy one, I end up not writing in it. I guess it bores me to actually try and scribble something, besides, I was not the type of student who wanted to take down notes in class — so it would only make sense that I do not like the actual motion of writing. But I do love to write, in the theoretical sense of the word, because I do not actually write but I TYPE. I keep journals about my life and my thoughts on my computer, I used to do a lot of this ever since I was 16 years old, I kept daily notes of my life, typed in in word and saved it in my computer. Then I realized I could do an internet blog, during the peak of blogging, I was one of the people who started my own blog. I did journals of my life, reviews of movies, and informative pieces about anything I could think of. But I stopped for a while. I guess I became very busy with taking care of “Love Life” and become obsessed with Boys like every girl.

I often came back to writing as the years passed by, I wrote blogs in multiply, or in blogspot, but none of them were ever really successful, in a way that I continually wrote in them. I wasn’t really able to rekindle my passion for writing all those years, except this year. I started Tumblr when one day I just thought, I should go back to writing, and I did. And after that I landed a Travel Writing Work From Home job that I truly love and enjoy.

I guess it was fate that made me go back to writing blogs again, it was my life’s foreshadowing of what lies ahead for me. I have never had a professional writing career, and the thought of landing a writing job eluded me for years. Who would have thought that I would get this one, not me certainly, but I am thankful and grateful that I did. Because not only do I enjoy what I do, but I appreciate it every moment I do it.

Now I am just waiting on a new project, and for the mean time just filling my days with empty tasks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails