Search This Blog

Pages

Monday, June 28, 2010

A DOME-ful Delight

I had the opportunity to try out a new cafe today, I saw it when I was browsing through books and magazines at Powerbooks SM Megamall, the name of the Restaurant was NERO by Dome and what intrigued me most is the picture of Churros on their Small Tarpaulin which you will see when you are about to exit Powerbooks. I love Churros and I told myself that my daughter and I will be eating some Churros before heading home.


When we went there the place was almost empty - probably because its almost closing time, we arrived 8:15 PM. Or maybe because the Cafe is not very notice-able outside powerbooks, unlike other Cafe’s and Resto’s where the Neon lights will make their presence known, Nero by Dome is just force hiding in the shadow.


My daughter and I were seated in a comfortable coffee table - coffee chair. I looked at the menu and saw the Tuna Nicoise and went to order that as well, it looked delightful in the menu pictures and I didn’t want to just order dessert without having dinner first.


The first to arrive was the delectable Giant Raspberry Iced Tea:


Iced Tea

I wanted to try a different flavoured Iced Tea since most restaurants only offer Lemon Iced Tea. Although this is not the first time I tasted Raspberry Iced Tea, it was still Deliciously different. And they said it was Giant, it really was. Although I was really thirsty from playing and walking the whole afternoon so I emptied my glass with no problem.


churros

Then the PHP95.00 Churros came, it was really hot from being cooked to order. Each Churro was perfectly cooked and crispy from the outside and soft on the inside, just like all Churros should be. The chocolate dip was so divine, it was not melted Nutella (like some that I experienced from being a frequent Churro buyer) It was real melted Chocolate, it was not just sweet but you can taste a quality chocolate flavour. If I had not been stuffed by the Tuna Nicoise I ordered I would eat this heavenly Churro to the last crumb.


Tuna Nicoise

Ahh the amazing Tuna Nicoise, at first I thought I wasn’t hungry, but when I saw this dish on my table I wanted to munch it to the last bite. The Chips that came with it I believe was not home-made (I might be wrong though) It was flavoured Sour Cream and Onion, but it was delicious and complimented the Tuna Nicoise perfectly. I had my first mouthful of the Tuna Nicoise the moment the platter was laid down on the table (of course after I took a picture of it) and it was a real mouthful, the panini was stuffed with so much Tuna, Olives and all the works that you cannot take a bite and not spill some stuffing everywhere. But the first was really heavenly, it was hot and delicious, the olives complimented the taste of the tuna and the onions, the scrambled eggs were perfectly cooked. Once you take a bite of this sandwich it will be hard to stop, and I didn’t. I finished the dish (of course my daughter took a few bites) without hesitation.


I can’t wait to go back to Nero by Dome and try other food from their Menu, and I am sure I will be coming back for more, because its not just the food thats delicious, their ambiance (they offer free wifi) and the waiters are really friendly and nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails