Search This Blog

Pages

Friday, June 18, 2010

The Best Date with my Daughter

Today was a great day! It was spent with my daughter. And it was the greatest day we have ever spent together since daddy left for Singapore. After lunch I had a scheduled pick up of the Gift Certificate that I won from Belle De Jour’s Contest - it was a 2500 Gift Certificate from Browhaus, which I plan to claim some time next week. Nike and I got ready to leave the house at around 1:30 PM - I prepared my map because I had no idea where I was going, and since Noel wasn’t around I won’t have my usual suspect who will help me go around the city with a map. The pick up point is at the Viviamo office in A. Mabini St. Addition Hills San Juan, I had my landmarks printed on my mind and was ready for the battle of searching for a place unknown. I arrived Mabini Street with no problems, but the difficulty arose when I realized the Buildings had no names and some of them doesn’t have numbers. As I looked at the right side of the street there is a newly constructed building that made me feel like that was it, but drove past it. The next thing I knew I was looking at a house numbered 186, when I was supposed to be looking for A building numbered 166. Yup! I passed it! and the problem was, Mabini street is a one way street. So I turned right on a street named recto and just followed my guts on where to turn right next, before I knew it I was back in Mabini street and was in front of the same building that I felt was where I was supposed to be, and I was right! I claimed the Gift Certificate and went on our way to eastwood, or atleast I thought we were. Since I only looked for directions on how to get to the Viviamo office, I didn’t realize I can’t back track the road. So I went with the flow of traffic - and no longer than 10 minutes later, we were lost inside addition hills LOL the funniest experience ever. Although I knew I was already lost, I just kept driving, and kept my cool, I stayed level-headed and just thought that if I keep on driving, I’m bound to see a road that I am familiar with and viola 30 minutes later we were still lost, I just kept choosing a car to follow and after 15 more minutes I found my way back to shaw boulevard and was on our way to Eastwood.


We arrived Eastwood around 4:00 PM bought our tickets to watch Toy Story 3 in 3D and had 50 minutes to kill before we can enter the theater, so we just went to fully booked and read a few children’s story books. Around 4:30 we went to the concession stand and got our free popcorn and drinks and went inside the theater.


This is the most memorable movie for me in so many ways. First because it was the first 3D movie that I have ever seen, Second it was the first movie that my daughter and I watched alone together and Third this is the only time I allowed my daughter to Pee on my hands. Yup you read right! haha, what happened was when there were only around 5 minutes left in the movie Nike suddenly said that she had to really really pee, I asked her to hold her bladder for a short while but she seemed like she really needed to pee, so I decided I didn’t want to miss any movie scenes so I pulled down her skirt and undies, placed my hand just the right place and angle so her pee would drip on my hand and drip on the cup I was holding to catch her pee. It may seem a bit yucky but luckily I had alcohol and baby wipes ready so I was able to clean my hands after.


All in all it was a fun, interesting and memorable day spent with the love of my life. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails