Search This Blog

Pages

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Meredith and Me (Grey's Anatomy)

I have recently started watching the full series of Grey’s Anatomy and I am really enjoying myself. I actually just started watching Season 1 last Tuesday (the same tuesday that I brought my dad to the hospital) and I can’t stop watching it. I stay up late at night until its almost done actually just so I can continue watching. I have already finished the full 9 episodes of season 1, the full 27 episodes of season 2 and now is currently watching Episode 15 of season 3.

This series is highly recommended to everyone, it is comedic, dramatic, traumatic, exciting, boring, exhilarating, tear-jerking, and annoying all at the same time. It is filled with gorgeous people that you would love to look at (well except George). I don’t really like George, not the character but the actor LOL, Sorry!

Greys

I initially didn’t like Cristina - The Korean Intern, because she seemed so stiff and unkind. But the moment I saw her cry non-stop during one episode in Season 2, I started liking her. Then started hated her again on Season 3 during the first few episodes because of her controlling nature (when she was controlling Burke).

I also hated The red-head wife doctor, Adison Montgomery-Shepherd, maybe out of principle. The series is after all about Meredith Grey who we discovered was a mistress of Derek Shepherd on Season 2. But I am slowly starting to not hate Adison in season 3. She finally was given a likable character.

I also wanted to hate the Nazi - Dr. Bailey but you can never hate this resident. She is strict and soft at the same time, very motherly and very smart. Even her interns (Meredith’s group) who was initially afraid of her, started to love her and respect her, as was shown in season 2 during the few episodes shown where Dr. Bailey was in Maternity leave after giving birth to his on screen son Tucker - which by the way she really did give birth in real life.

In season 3 I also started hating Izzi - the hot blonde Doctor-model who lost her Fiance Denny in Season 2 due to some heart complications. She started acting crazy when Denny was still alive and I wanted to kick her ass. She is starting to recover her character around the 10th episode onwards of Season 3.

George, I have nothing much to say about him besides the Meredith-Obsessed love sick puppy. My initial impression of him is he is not bad, but I don’t like the actor, so I don’t pay much attention to the character. But if I had to summarize, he seemed like a wimp who has no say in anything, which he later on disproved during the few episodes where his father was dying.

And the Hottie Patootie Alex - the Hunk of the group does not leave much of an impression on me, except he is the type of character that everyone would have a love-hate relationship with. One minute you are so in love with his hunky arrogance and the next minute you are hating his hunky love-ignorance.

And the two lead characters of the Series Meredith and Derek, they are not Hot in any sense of the word, but they are very magnetic. Meredith is not drop dead gorgeous but she delivers her character in such a way that you want to hear everything she has to say, and her eyes gives off this alluringly innocent look that keeps you glued to the screen. And Derek! I just love the way he brings his character to life, they are so fit for one another, Dereks stare is just melting me.

And besides the characters the stories and the flow of the series is very interesting too. LOL. In fact I can’t stop watching it. But part of the reason why I can’t stop watching is because I want to find out what will happen to all the characters love lives. The medical scene is just a background, a set, a distraction for the love story to have a different feel.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails