Search This Blog

Pages

Friday, June 11, 2010

on winning and losing

I just won another facebook contest today. The first contest I won was via Johnson’s Body Care Ph that gave me PhP500 Gift Certificate from Bayo. Today I got news from workabroad.ph that I won PhP500 Gift Certificate from National bookstore from workabroads facebook contest, and the feeling is just exhilarating. Even if it was just a small amount, the feeling of winning gives us a high that makes our day. Winning things makes you more confident, gives you the hope that you can win more and more and more.

The other day I was not chosen from Cebu Pacifics Photo Contest, that was the first of five winners chosen, I decided I do not want to keep trying, I entered the contest when it was still very new and only a few people submitted their photos, I believe I was one of the first 200 people to submit the photos, but when I wasn’t chosen the first week, I thought, what are the odds that I will be chosen the next. When we lose we get this feeling of hopelessness and defeat, and we tend to just give up.

These are normal emotions to experience during these times, when you win, you celebrate and you want to win some more, when you lose, you feel hopeless and want to crawl to a corner and never try again. But I’m glad I didn’t hide away and mope when I didn’t get chosen for the Cebu Pacific contest, I encouraged myself to win other things so that the loss of one thing would become so petty its laughable.

The same should be the attitude towards life, when you lose a battle, we should learn to fight more, fight harder and fight smarter. That way the lost battle will not just be a lost battle but a lesson learned.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails