Search This Blog

Pages

Saturday, July 10, 2010

Driving Crazy

I don’t know when it started but lately every time I drive I’m having problems, the problem doesn’t happen during the first few minutes while I’m driving, it usually does when I’m in the middle of anywhere I need to go.

Like today for instance, My daughter and I were on our way to Gymboree in Alabang from Las Pinas. I had no problem leaving the house, but just when we got to BF Homes it started again, every time I hit the breaks my vision would seems abnormal, I would be queasy and I would feel or maybe imagine that the car is still moving but on reverse, I had this problem for a time now but today was the worse, although I was on level road, my brain seemed to see the road as inclined and I feel like I am moving on reverse even though my foot was firmly stepping on the brakes. Then the most unusual feeling overcame me, I got dizzy and it was like everything around me was moving, it was like I was having a personal earthquake, I felt like the car was moving fast on reverse, and I started feeling really  queasy. Not until I closed my eyes did it stop, and I was able to focus my eyes again. But all through out the remainder of the drive I felt weird, I feel like I’m driving on a never ending inclined road.

The feeling of course stopped when we arrived our destination, my vision focused and I stopped feeling queasy. When I started driving again after our Gymboree play, I was fine again, but after around 10 minutes of driving I started feeling it again. I don’t know if its my eye sight, I have astigmatism and have not been wearing my glasses, or is it some thing else?

And its not just the queasiness and the inclined feeling that I am afraid of, lately I can’t seem to gauge the distance between my car and the car next to me, I feel like I am always going to hit the cars beside me, I feel like I can’t calculate the right distance between my car and the other cars. I am afraid to drive because of this, I am usually very confident when I am driving, I know how much distance I should place between my car and the others, but today I seem to always be second guessing myself. If this continues I fear I might crash the car eventually, and I want to know whats wrong, but where do I start? It only happens after around 10 - 20 minutes into driving.

Do you have any ideas?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails