Search This Blog

Pages

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Who's Joey Pepperoni?


Image from: Joey Pepperoni Facebook Fan Page


Today I spent the day with my daughter. We went to SM Southmall just so Nike could enjoy a full day of fun, rides and slides. I initially took her to SM Storyland, and contemplated on just buying her two tickets for two rides for PHP 80 or buying her a ride all you can ticket for PHP 250. You can guess what I chose, ofcourse I wanted my daughter to enjoy the day so I bought her the unlimited pass. When she got tired of riding the rides at Storyland I took her to Kids Village (a play and slide place) at the 3rd level of SM Southmall its like a small play gym with a wooden children’s play house a wooden slide and ball pool and a few toys and rockers. I also bought her the unlimited pass that she used to spend 2 hours full of sliding and playing, she even got bullied by a little boy who kicked her back, and threw toys at her, but Nike remained calm and composed, she just ignored the mean boy, she didn’t cry and she just continued playing.


So after a tiresome afternoon both Nike and I were HUNGRY and thirsty. While walking I saw this advertisement of Joey Pepperoni indicating that they had these 99 peso meal with drinks and a buy 1 take 1 pizza for 250 pesos so I got intrigued and the picture looked really yummy. So Nike and I made our way to Joey Pepperoni.



Nike pointed to the first thing that she saw that has rice, The Chicken Strips with Rice and it looked yummy enough so I ordered it and I ordered an 8-inch The works Pizza - It is called the works because it had mushrooms, pepporoni, olives, bacon and all the works. We were asked to wait for 20 minutes for our order, probably because thats how long it usually takes them to cook a meal to order so I agreed, I told them it was okay.


After the 20 minutes was up, we received our orders, and wow, was I disappointed. Not only was the Chicken Strips Dry-Looking it was overcooked, dry and it was not presented well. I forgot to take a picture of the food after it was delivered to us, because Nike was already hungry. But it was an ultimate disappointment. Even the rice was dry, it felt like it was heated from the microwave, it had an unnatural hotness to it. To top off the disappointing look of the dish, the garlic that was meant to be part of the chicken strips was BURNT, it wasn’t the crunchy golden brown garlic that you would expect from a restaurant. It was really burnt, giving the dish a burnt taste to it.



Image of the burnt garlic


Thats what I can say about their 99-Peso Chicken Strips with Rice meal. I do not recommend it at all. But the pizza was okay, it wasn’t the best pizza I have tasted but when you’re hungry it would be a good enough pizza to eat. It tasted normal and it was not burnt. Of course I wasn’t able to take a picture of the whole thing when it was delivered because I was really hungry, but I was able to take a picture of a slice.



The whole pizza was good enough to finish, although it wasn’t something that I would go out of my way of to buy.


We were able to quench our thirst and hunger, but it was not an experience that we are happy about, I probably would not be eating in Joey’s Pepperoni again soon, but I will definitely try them again, someday - because I remember I already ate there before probably around 2 years ago, and the experience was not as bad as this one, but their food is just average tasting. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails