Search This Blog

Pages

Saturday, July 31, 2010

Muchas Gracias Mary Grace

Yesterday my college friends and I decided to meet for a movie date. I met becky at around 1 PM at Red Ribbon near their house, then went on our way to Alabang Town Center. We got our Salt Tickets for the screening at 3:15 PM and decided to eat something while waiting for our other friend (Cess) to arrive. Becky said, do you like cakes? Of course I liked cakes LOL :) who doesn’t right? She said she can’t wait to show me a slice of heaven.


We walked from the Movie Ticket Concierge to the front of the Alabang Town Center. I asked her if we were eating the slice of heaven in starbucks, she said no. As we were around the starbucks area, instead of going right to starbucks we turned left and entered a wonderfully decorated and charming restaurant called Mary Grace.



We were seated at a cozy table just beside the side window and browsed the Menu, Becky already knew what she wanted to make me try, so I said we should order something else like a pasta or a sandwich just to have variety on our pallets. Then I decided on ordering the Seafood Pasta (PHP 244 per plate) - A medley of fresh clams, shrimp, squid, mussels, and cream dory which lend their flavors to a tomato based sauce which is enhanced by herbs, olives. and mushrooms. Sounds delectable right? It truly is, I only forgot to take a picture of the wonderful dish, because I got excited to eat it as soon as the plate was set on our table. The pasta is really good and the noodles is really very well prepared, my only problem with the dish is that I hoped there would be two pieces of shrimp. I guess they weren’t telling alie when they said in the description - A medley of clams, SHRIMP, SQUID, mussels, etc. It really only had one shrimp and 1 slice of squid. But the dish is really good, Becky and I were able to finish the whole dish.



After eating the plateful of pasta, Becky and I dove in to her slice of heaven that is called Chocolate Truffle Cake (PHP 194 per slice). When it was first set on the table I thought it looked like any ordinary cake. I tried a piece and it was really heaven. The Cake was served to us initially before the pasta arrived, which made a bit of sense because cake takes a shorter amount of time to slice than to prepare the whole pasta dish. We set it aside for a while to eat the pasta, so the cake was sitting on our table for a bit before we finally devoured it. But to my surprise at first bite of the cake, the slice always seemed cool on my mouth, and every bite you take will make you appreciate the goodness of the cake because it melts in your mouth. The cake is very moist and very balanced in a way that the chocolate flavor doesn’t over power the truffles and the truffles doesn’t over power the chocolate, and the sweetness of the cake is just right - not too sweet not too bland.


This is a real treat for me, being able to spend a fabulous day with my college friends, and experiencing a new and exciting restaurant that I would surely love to visit again.



Photo taken from Mary Grace Cafe Facebook Fan Page

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails