Search This Blog

Pages

Thursday, April 22, 2010

Changing Plans

I am a sucker for sticking to plans and when plans change or fail I feel upset and resentful. I am not one for disappointments and I discouragement. And just last night one of the most important plans of my life fell through, my husband decided that September is too soon for me to go to Singapore and look for work and be with him, for what reason? I do not know. He’s been in Singapore since December 2009 (almost 5 months now) and I visited him there last March, and I just fell in love with Singapore. He before last night he kept telling me to move faster and find work in Singapore, he kept pressuring me, so I went ahead and applied for my EPEC (which got approved last April 16, 2010, Yay for me!) I have started inquiry regarding Student Visa for Nike (so that we could be together as soon as possible) and I have also tried looking at the LTVP (Long Term Visit Pass - Singapore) so that I could take care of my Job hunting in Singapore this September. Everything was perfectly planned, I will push through with my online E-VP Application for LTVP in August so that after 4 weeks processing I can schedule my Personal Appearance in ICA Singapore in September - Just in time for my sister and my arrival in SG. Then once I am there I will start pursuing my walk-in and online applications and re-book my return flight to the Philippines so that once I get a job offer in SG I will come home to the Philippines, take care of my Childs necessities and affairs because we won’t be taking her in Singapore for the first 6 months (the time we need to save money and take care of our house in SG - so that everything is ready when Nike arrives — Her school, Her Student Visa or Dependent Pass, her home and her life). Noel and I will work our asses for the next 6 months, I will get Nike from the Philippines to live with us in Singapore, and then we live happily ever after. But last night the plan changed. And I am upset. Now the plan is to enroll Nike in school (in the Philippines) this June — which I have strong emotions about as I feel that its too early since she’s just 3 years old (i know - i know some kids go to school as early as this age - but in my opinion its too early for a child to be exposed to the pressures of school at this age) I really want to wait another year, or at best when she turns 4 - which mind you is just the right age for Nike if she will be starting school in SG in 2011 (as originally planned). And then the next plan is I just start looking for work Next Year. So that will put a 1 year gap in our original re-union plans. Sucks Right?! Sometimes I feel like I have no say in the matter, that other people always get what they decide they want to happen. I am upset yes, very upset because the original plan was great and it would give us the earliest opportunity to be together again, but what the heck, if my husband feels that he wants more time alone, then fine, so be it. My only question is, why is it too soon for me to work in Singapore? Isn’t it true that if there are 2 people working there, the chances of being able to save more money is twice as much - because here in the Philippines I am only earning 10,000 per month (yup!) If I work in SG whats the lowest salary will I be accepting — 1800 SGD? (60,000 Pesos). I am not going to argue nor am I going to push what I want. I will not be going to Singapore on September (this is final), I do not go to places where I am not wanted for one, and two, I am still very upset. So I guess the next time I see Noel, it will be December. So yeah Plans Suck! And I hate having no say in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails