Search This Blog

Pages

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

A New Day - A New Call

So this morning was different, I didn’t wake up from the sound of skype ringing, but my mother woke me up because our NEW DSL Provider Called to ask for directions to our house. Still a good call to wake up for LOL.


Ok I say new because I talked my sister into changing DSL Providers. Why? Because our current DSL Provider (Destiny Internet) Sucks, big time. The guaranteed speed is upto 1 MBPS, and yes when you check the Speedtest website (SPEEDTEST) you will get a download speed of 1 point something Mbps and an upload speed of point 7 Mbps but during actual usage the internet connection will download at a maximum speed of 30-40 Kbps thats on a good day, which is very very rare. The Internet would more likely be intermittent, choppy and I couldn’t even use skype to call my husbands mobile phone in Singapore, and sometimes even if we use skype to skype video calling it would tend to hang because of the turtle-like speed of the internet.


Why, do you say, did we have Destiny Internet connected in the first place. Well, my sisters internet was connected a few years back, when PLDT’s service was still crap, and Destiny was the best internet service provider, but like everything else, they became comfortable with the service they are providing, and has become crappier and crappier as the months go by. And PLDT has improved their service. So now we are transferring to PLDT DSL. Good Bye and Good Riddance MyDestiny Internet, I will call your ever so messy customer service system later and cancel the subscription.


So now that story’s out of the way, I want to show something off. Although I am 100% satisfied with this product, I think its gorgeous, there are still some things that I would have loved this product to have.


Passport HolderSo This is my latest Obsession. A Passport Holder. I bought two online for my daughter (Nike) and Myself. Nike’s Passport holder is the White / Pink / Silver Butterfly Designed Holder and My Passport Holder is the Black and White Paisley Holder. It is really gorgeous in person, the only thing missing for me is another Sleeve on the left side so that I can insert both of the flap covers of the passport. But this is a really good buy in my opinion, its not floppy and the whole passport cover is hard and will not fold whatever is inside it and the texture of the cover is like pvc so its water resistant. It has 5 Card slots on the right side and 1 big slot on the left for the tickets and boarding passes. I would have loved it to also have a ball pen slot, so that I can insert my ever so faithful pen in it, everybody know you always need a handy pen anywhere you go, most especially when you are travelling to fill out those embarkation / disembarkation cards.


So my mom called me again around 11 am, she said the maintenance guy from PLDT is already here so I rushed downstairs, excited to play with new Tech toys, only to realize that it was the XEND Delivery guy waiting for me. I forgot all about this purchase, well not really, I just got excited about the internet thingy, LOL, I am a Tech Freak. So when this arrived my mind got diverted a little bit to what’s inside the package, but my craving for more cute affordable passport holders still have not subsided. 


I still think that anyone and everyone who likes to travel should have a really handy passport holder, with slots and sleeves to put travel things in, even if you are not traveling but have a passport, I believe you should invest in a good passport holder because it is one of the most expensive government issued identification cards, and its your pass to enter international grounds (except for the visa ofcourse).


So two things got me excited today. The connection of our PLDT DSL Internet and my new Passport Holders.


Oh, I got the holders from a great online multiply seller BELIKEASTAR. Thanks Emily!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails