Search This Blog

Pages

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Beware Mommies - Chuckie on the Loose

In one way or another, while we were growing up we’ve grown accustomed to Junk Foods. We often pester our parents to buy us Potato Chips, Pringles, PicNic, Chocolates, and our favorite Chocolate Drinks. Just a few minutes ago I was about to give my daughter a glass full of Chuckie Chocolate Milk Drink, and thank goodness I got envious I took a sip. When I tasted the Drink it was sour and has already gone bad which confused me because it was newly opened and the expiration date printed on the box is November 18, 2010.


What would have happened to my daughters tummy if I did not taste the drink, if I just went ahead and trusted the expiration date on the box? She might suffer from tummy ache or LBM or even food poisoning, God knows. And thank goodness for mothers instict, or mothers curiosity I tasted the drink before I handed it over to my 3 year old daughter!


Right after I tasted the 250 ML Nestle Chuckie Chocolate Milk drink I went online to check the email address of Nestle Chuckie, Contacted Nestle Philippines and Nestle South America, to make sure they know that this slip ups can cause major damage to our childrens health. We are trusting them to give us and our children a healthy drink, but if they can not guarantee that the expiration date is not a good basis to assure us that it is safe to drink or eat their food, then what good does it do for us to trust that they can give us safe and healthy food?


Here are some of the pictures of the Milk Drink - See how bubbly the drink is when I poured it in the cup, and the expiration date on the box is not until November 2010.


Spoiled Chuckie

So Mommies, No matter how big your children are, and no matter what the expiration on any food, milk, drinks is printed, let us always taste our childrens food before we give it to them. Because we can never tell if the Expiration Dates on the Cartons or packs are a real indication of the freshness of the food that we give our children. Let us all be vigilant!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails