Search This Blog

Pages

Monday, April 12, 2010

Rekindling Old Flames

I was bored yesterday. extreeeeemely borrrrred! since my other hobby (online shopping) is not an option due to lack of funds, my sister and I decided to get old movies that we loved and watch them again, I am an 80s baby (born 1984) and my sister was a 70s baby (born 1979) so our taste in old movies was different.

She got excited by teen movies from 1980s and I get excited by teen movies of the 90s. But she seemed so excited about getting “her” movies that I decided I might as well give it a try.

Today I finished watching 16 Candles

16 candles
Main characters:

Molly Ringwald as Samantha Baker

Justin Henry as Mike Baker

Michael Schoeffling as Jake Ryan

Anthony Michael Hall as Ted, aka “The Geek”

Gedde Watanabe as Long Duk Dong[2]

Haviland Morris as Caroline Mulford

Paul Dooley as Jim Baker

Carlin Glynn as Brenda Baker

Blanche Baker as Ginny Baker

Edward Andrews as Grandpa Howard Baker

Billie Bird as Grandma Dorothy Baker

Carole Cook as Grandma Helen

Max Showalter as Grandpa Fred

Liane Alexandra Curtis as Randy

John Cusack as Bryce

Darren Harris as Cliff (Wease)

Deborah Pollack as Marlene, aka “Lumberjack”

Joan Cusack as Geek Girl

John Kapelos as Rudy Ryszczyk

I thought I haven’t watched it before only to realize that I already watched it when I was younger. This movie is interesting to say the most, I liked it, but I didn’t love it (sorry to 16 candles fans out there), because I think the story is a bit too shallow, and the execution of the movie is not really that good. Maybe I just also do not get the humor, but the humor isn’t that appealing to me either. But the hot guy in the movie is really hot LOL.

My sister gave me another movie to watch, the title is Some Kind of Wonderful. She assured me that this isn’t a shallow and she seemed overly excited about it, so I will give it a try later tonight.

Some kind of wonderful
Eric Stoltz - Keith Nelson

Mary Stuart Masterson - Watts

Lea Thompson - Amanda Jones

Craig Sheffer - Hardy Jenns

John Ashton - Cliff Nelson

Elias Koteas - Duncan

Molly Hagan - Shayne

Maddie Corman - Laura Nelson

Jane Elliot - Carol Nelson

Candace Cameron - Cindy Nelson

Chynna Phillips - Mia

Scott Coffey - Ray

But right now I am trying to watch The Prince and Me:

Princeme
Julia Stiles as Paige Morgan

Luke Mably as Eddie, Prince Edvard

Ben Miller as Soren

Miranda Richardson as Queen Rosalind

James Fox as King Haraald

Alberta Watson as Amy Morgan

John Bourgeois as Ben Morgan

Zachary Knighton as John Morgan

Stephen O’Reilly as Mike Morgan

Elisabeth Waterston as Beth Curtis

Eliza Bennett as Princess Arabella

Devin Ratray as Scotty

Clare Preuss as Stacey

Yaani King as Amanda

Eddie Irvine as Himself

Angelo Tsarouchas as Stu

Jacques Tourangeau as Professor Amiel

Stephen Singer as Professor Begler

I am enjoying this movie right now, but I remember when I first watched it, I felt so into the movie, I guess thats what happens when you get older, stories like 16 candles and the prince and me seem a bit shallow and uninteresting, but still watching old and familiar movies are entertaining and brings back childhood / teen-hood memories that you tend to forget.

So I was trying to look for good movies to get and here are some of the movies that I decided is worth watching again.

Please do let me know of any other movies (I prefer Romantic Comedies or Comedy Movies) that would be worth watching because since there seems to be millions of movies out there, I tend to forget the titles of those that are really good and funny and entertaining and those that make you teary eyed and tingly all over.

Here are the lists of movies that I have lined up to watch the next few days.

Practical Magic

Practical Magic

Meet Joe Black

Meet Joe Black

Patch Adams

patch

The Princess Bride

princess bride

Notting Hill

Notting Hill

I will watch these movies till I am not bored anymore and wait until its the weekend and maybe do something fun with the kids, like go the Active Fun in Fun Ranch - Tiendesitas or watch a big screen movie LOL.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails