Search This Blog

Pages

Thursday, April 15, 2010

Exploring HTML and CSS

The past few days I have been addicted to enhancing and personalizing all my networking and blogging sites. It all started when I joined tumblr and decided to rekindle my love for blogging and writing. When I started this blog, I didn’t realize that it will bring back my love for doing CSS and HTML LEARNING.

I am not a computer science major or has not learned or been taught by a computer guru about HTML and CSS. When I started using MULTIPLY I got interested with editing the look of my website so that it wouldn’t look like the rest of the multiply world. That when I started studying HTML and CSS codes on my own so I can do tweaks with the look of my website. During that time, I was only concerned with the end goal and did not really pay attention to what the coding means, as long as I got what I wanted as the end result I just copied and pasted tutorial codes and edited a few. While doing this I learned a little bit. Then I got bored with multiply and editing themes so the learning stopped.

7 days ago I started this blog site and I realized I don’t want it to look too plain, I want it to have my mark, I wanted to edit the theme little by little so that my webpage will have my touch. I slowly tried to tweak some of its HTML coding and added a few widgets here and there. I started paying more attention to the codes that I am inserting and deleting and now I can say I understand the codes much better than when I started tweaking on my multiply site.

Then today, the whole day I got obsessed with re-structuring my whole multiply page. I deleted my old custom CSS theme, chose a new base theme, got the raw CSS code of the base theme and started experimenting from scratch, some of the things I don’t understand I researched online, and I am happy I did this, because now, not only can I edit and tweak my themes, I understand what I need to edit when I need to edit it, I understand HTML and CSS themes better.

Doing these makes me regret more that I did not pursue my childhood passion. I remember when I was still in Grade School, I have always wanted to take up Computer Science in College. When someone would ask me what I wanted to do I always tell them that I wanted to be a computer engineer or programmer. Sad thing is I didn’t follow my dreams. When it was time to apply for college, I chose Business Management and Math in my applications. I guess one can say I got peer pressured because all my family studied Management. It was the worst decision I ever made, because I know in my heart that my passion will always be computers.

But I decided I will make up for it by learning as much as I can about Computers, Web Designing, Web Developing, Graphics designing, trouble shooting. And when I have enough money to pay for additional education for myself, I will attend vocational classes that will help me achieve my life long dream of becoming a computer geek!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails